Depression is a common but serious illness, and PerformCare is here help.
Everyone feels sad at times. But these feelings are usually short-lived and pass within a couple of days. When someone has depression, it hurts their daily life and causes pain for both them and those they care about.
Many people with depression never seek treatment. But most people can get better with help. Medications, therapy, and other methods can be used to treat people with depression.
Learn more about adult depression
- Antidepressants and their side effects
- Causes of depression
- Managing depression
- Recovering from depression
- Signs and symptoms of depression
- Types of depression
Learn more about youth depression
- Depression and high school students (PDF)
- Depression in children and teens
- Treatment of children with mental illness FAQ (PDF)
- Helping youths with depression
A Mood Chart is a very helpful tool when trying to keep track of your mood. Mark the mood tool daily to help you look for patterns. There is a child’s and an adult's mood chart offered to you. It may be helpful for you to share them with your doctor or therapist at your appointments.