State and CDC Information Regarding COVID-19
PerformCare recommends that providers follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and state-specific guidance with regard to COVID-19 evaluation, testing, diagnosis, treatment, and reporting.
Information from the CDC
PerformCare will cover all medically necessary services required to facilitate testing and treatment of COVID-19 for its eligible Members, in accordance with federal and state guidance. No prior authorization is required for COVID-19 testing. Coronavirus testing codes follow:
- U0001: CDC 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Real-Time RT-PCR Diagnostic Panel.
- U0002: Coronavirus (COVID-19) for non-CDC laboratory tests for SARS-CoV-2/2019.
CDC links for more information:
The CDC instructs providers to consult with local or state health departments to determine whether patients meet criteria for a Persons Under Investigation (PUI). Providers should immediately notify infection control personnel at their facility if they suspect COVID-19 in a patient. Please notify your state or local health department if a patient is classified as a PUI for COVID-19.
Providers should report recognized exposures, regularly monitor themselves for fever and symptoms of respiratory infection, and not report to work when ill. Providers in low-, medium-, or high-risk exposure categories who develop signs or symptoms compatible with COVID-19 are strongly encouraged to contact their established point of contact (public health authorities or their facility’s occupational health program) for medical evaluation prior to returning to work.
CDC links for more information:
Pennsylvania policies and information
- OMHSAS 20-03: Instructions and Guidelines for Delivery of BHRS and IBHS Through Telehealth — UPDATED May 5, 2020 (PDF)
- OMHSAS COVID-19: Telehealth expansion — UPDATED May 5, 2020 (PDF)
- OMHSAS COVID-19 FAQs — March 25, 2020 (PDF)
- OMHSAS COVID-19 FAQs — UPDATED May 5, 2020 (PDF)
- OMHSAS Message to Behavioral Health Stakeholders
- OMHSAS reissuance of telehealth guidance (PDF)
- Visitation Guidelines under COVID-19 for Residential Treatment (PDF)
- Coping with COVID-19 concerns (PDF)
- Fact sheet (PDF)
- Guidance on personal protective equipment (PPE) (PDF)
- Guidance for WIC clinics (PDF)
- How to talk to children about COVID-19 (PDF)
- Information for essential businesses (PDF)
- Addressing the needs of Medicaid populations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- CMS information and resources on COVID-19
- CMS guidance on COVID-19 for residential treatment facilities (PDF)
- DHHS — Limited Waiver of HIPAA Sanctions and Penalties During a Declared Emergency (PDF)
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) — Telehealth
- National Council for Behavioral Health COVID-19 guidance for residential treatment facilities (PDF)
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association — COVID-19 resources for psychologists
- SAMHSA COVID-19 resources and information
- SAMHSA Disaster Technical Assistance Center Bulletin
- SAMHSA updated FAQs for OUD prescribing in the COVID-19 emergency
- Unmet need / mission request form (PDF)
If you need to close your office due to exposure
PerformCare is committed to helping to ensure Member access to care. In the event of an office closure, please direct your patients who are our members to contact PerformCare Member Services at:
- Member Services: 1-888-722-8646 (TTY 1-800-654-5984) or PA Relay 711.
- Consumer and Family Affairs: 1-717-671-6541.
- Member Services for Franklin and Fulton counties: 1-866-773-7917 (TTY 1-800-654-5984) or PA Relay 711.
We have tools in place to connect Members to alternate providers who can support their continued care.
For more resources and guidance, please access the CDC COVID-19 homepage.
If you have any questions, please contact PerformCare Account Executive or Provider Services at 1-888-700-7370.