Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
The core of PerformCare's mission is to ensure behavioral health care is available to all members, while supporting the unique needs of each individual member. PerformCare is committed to finding ways to break down any barriers to behavioral health care access and ensure discrimination does not occur, in any form. PerformCare will address any discrimination based on the grounds of sex, skin color, physical disabilities, or language needs, or among members who identify as LGBTQIA+. PerformCare has identified the steps below to accomplish our goal:
- Annually review race/ethnicity and language data of PerformCare membership.
- Annually review and update policies and processes, to ensure access and availability of language services.
- Annually ensure the network practitioners meet the cultural and language needs of the membership.
- Review findings of members in various levels of care to determine if there are differences in treatment access based on race, ethnicity, and/or language needs.
- Prioritize opportunities to reduce health care gaps.
- Obtain member feedback on any barriers to treatment they experienced.
- Recruit and organize a workgroup that includes community experts to work on reducing differences in treatment access.
- Require annual training of PerformCare staff on cultural diversity and awareness, to address and reduce bias.
PerformCare knows culture plays an important role in behavioral health treatment. People's views, beliefs, and values can impact how they see and talk about mental illness. In some cultures, the shame of having a mental illness stops the person from taking medicines or even seeking treatment.
At PerformCare, we respect your beliefs and are here to provide you with websites that offer mental health resources.
- American Psychiatric Association
- MentalHealth.gov en Español
- Mental Health America bipolar disorder and African Americans
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) diverse communities
- National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) free Spanish resources
- NIMH schizophrenia Spanish booklet
- National Latino Behavioral Health Association Tenemos Voz (We Have a Voice) resource bank