PerformCare understands that children and youth need special care.
Call PerformCare about your child if:
- You're worried about alcohol or drug problems.
- You're worried about emotional or behavioral problems.
- A trusted person, such as a family friend, teacher, your doctor, or your clergy person thinks that your child needs help.
Covered services for children:
- Admission to a hospital for 24-hour care for mental or emotional illness.
- 24-hour care and rehabilitation for alcohol or other drug problems in a hospital or non-hospital setting.
- Partial hospital day programs for mental illness or alcohol and other drug problems.
- Outpatient services for mental health or drug and alcohol treatment.
- Detoxification from alcohol and other drugs.
- Prescriptions for medications for the treatment of mental illness, emotional disturbance, and substance use problems. Medicines are paid for by your physical health plan.
- Resource coordinator, intensive case management, or blended case management services.
Other covered services for children and adolescents:
- Intensive Behavioral Health Services for children and adolescents (these are sometimes referred to as "wraparound services," "IBHS," and "exception services").
- Residential treatment facilities.
- Family-based treatment.