Choosing a Provider
PerformCare is dedicated to giving members access to the care they need. We know that trying to figure out how to get care or where to go can be confusing. We’re here to help.
One of the benefits of being a HealthChoices member is that you have many choices. You get to choose how to get care and who to get it from.
Things to keep in mind
- It is very important that you are comfortable with how the provider treats you. If you are not happy with a provider, you can choose another one.
- You can select a provider you feel you relate to best.
- Choose providers who offer the care you need. Only you know what your individual needs are, and what you need to feel comfortable.
- Choose providers for each level of care you need.
- Talk to your current provider about the options you have.
- Choose providers who are close to where you live, especially if you are traveling far to see your current provider.
- Select providers who speak your language, or who can provide interpreters if you need them.
It’s important to us that you know about all of the choices you have. It’s important to us that you are comfortable with your provider. If you still have questions, view the member contact information for your county and we’ll help you.